1. Teaching in Medical College: Karachi Medical and Dental College and its affiliated Abbasi Shaheed Hospital (1985-2000)
2. Editor and publisher, Orthopaedic News Bulletin, 1993 to 1997. This news bulletin was published every month from Karachi and circulated among orthopaedic community across the country.
3. CEO, Institute of Information Technology and Medical Sciences (Info-Med), 1998 to 2000. The institute used to offer basic computer courses for doctors, medical transcription training in collaboration with COMSATS, Government of Pakistan for doctors & paramedics and career development courses for pharmaceutical personnel.
4. Manager Dowites Operation Theatre Complex, December 2006 to December 2007. The state-of-the-art OT complex comprising of 14 OR suits, was raised by the Dow graduates of 1978. Dr. Idrees Padela was responsible for the setup of all theatres and to supervise software development for surgical data and inventory control.
5. e-Learning / MCQ Bank / Computer Based Examinations: At Jinnah Sindh Medical University established e-Learning department, organized MCQ bank and computer based examination system. MOODLE the top of the line LMS (Learning Management System) was selected for development of online courses for medical students.